- Calvin Klein Underwear Essentials with Satin Short Robe – Regular Price: $75.00*
- Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel – Reviewed Here – Regular Price: $37.50
- Nubian Heritage Shea Butter Infused with Patchouli and Buriti – Regular Price: $13.99
- Nuxe Rêve di Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm – Reviewed Here – Regular Price: $12.00
- American Apparel Tr-Bend Short Sleeve Women’s Track T – Regular Price: $22.00
- Uniqlo AU AIRism Sleeveless Top – Regular Price: $11.00
- Calvin Klein Underwear Seductive Comfort Customised Lift Bra – Regular Price: $44.00
- Baublebar Porto Links in White – Regular Price: $58.00
- Sam Edelman Gigi T Strap Sandals – Regular Price: $75.00
Does anyone else count the days until Black Friday, like a child counting down the sleeps until Christmas? Or is that just something we do at my house? For us, ‘Cyber Weekend’ is like Christmas, the Super Bowl and Date Night all rolled into one. It involves 7-way shift swapping to get Black Friday evening off, snacks, alcoholic refreshments, Seinfeld on the TV, the creation of a ‘nest’ on the couch with all the necessary paraphernalia (iPhone, TV remote, snack tray, laptop power cable…) arranged within easy reach.
The planning to me is as enjoyable as the actual purchasing. Last year I explained the game plan I follow in the lead up to my yearly shopping spree. There is something to be said about the delayed gratification of shopping online, the anticipation building as you build your wish list. Then, once you’ve purchased, the anticipation doesn’t dissipate but continues to build as you wait for the postman – the Grown Up’s version of Santa – to deliver your goods.
This year I am sharing my wishlist. I use Black Friday / Cyber Monday to stock up on basics. The things I use regularly and so constantly need to replace, and the things that I love so much I want them in every colour and want to have back-ups just in case. I thought I would document how I fare in a post-cyber-weekend follow-up and show you how much I saved, if I decided not to purchase after all, or if the whole plan went awry.
In addition to the specific items on my wishlist I always keep an eye on the following stores as they consistently have good Black Friday offers:
- ASOS – usually 30% off everything – The shoe dept and makeup is where I usually concentrate my time.
- Net-a-Porter – I live in hope they will do 20% off everything! (They never do, but I always check – imagine if I ever missed out?)
- Coastal Scents – The last few years they have had 50% of SITE WIDE on cyber weekend! (I usually go straight for the makeup brushes, concealer wheels and fair trade shea butter)
- Victoria’s Secret – This site lets you choose up to three offers all at once! Last year I went a little nuts and its been a whole 12 months since I’ve allowed myself to buy anything – usually, is gym gear. You can read why here.
- Everlane – Only ship outside the US once a year and its always in November
- Sasa – because I like to have back ups for my back ups of DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
- Sephora – duh.
- Maria Black – Danish design meets precious metals – the hipster version of Georg Jenson. Its an expensive addiction. They usually set up an invitation only sale section – sign up to their newsletter.
- Marcs – either 25% or 30% off everything. Their silk shirts are perfection.
- Shopbop – They usually do a Buy More, Save More offer. And I have 3 items from Shopbop in my wish list!
- Adriano Goldshmied – Usually a ‘Friends & Family’ 25% off event. Totally addicted to their Contour 360 The Legging Ankle jeans.
Right then, lets see just how much I can save on the RRP… and you let me know if I’ve missed any tricks!
*All prices in $US for easy price comparison